Friday, November 19, 2004

 

Scrap Attack!

Even though Jay has given me no end of grief about getting crafty, I decided to start a scrapbook for Porter. A few of the books that Jay and I read suggested that creating a scrapbook can help autistic children with things like comprehension, memory reinforcement and narrative skills by providing visual cues to tie into language they might hear and use. I did my first layout today with an eye towards helping Porter with the transition from his current school to the new one on Monday. We'll show it to him as we tell him about the new school and hopefully the pictures will help him understand how he is going to do something new, but something which will be like what he has already been doing.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Get Firefox!