Wednesday, July 06, 2005

 

Time for Tubbie Die-Die

Okay, I know this is my fault. I started it, after all. In order to keep Alice entertained for a few minutes while I walk Porter to the bus stop, I usually put on a Baby Einstein DVD for her to watch. But Comcast's new On Demand service makes it so easy to just choose one of their free kids shows that I've been doing that instead. And the show that Alice has really taken to is - gasp - Teletubbies. She seems to really love it, laughing and giggling and talking along with the show. And she starts bouncing up and down as soon as it starts and begins to cry as soon as it's over. Even Porter has figured this out. When we came downstairs this morning to get him ready for school, he told me to put on Teletubbies for Alice. Personally, I think he likes the show too, but doesn't want to say so.

Of course, this means I have to watch them, too, or at least hear them in the background which is bad enough. This show must be the result of a bad acid trip. There's no other way to explain it. It makes Barney look like Shakespeare (or is that Francis Bacon?). But they definitely seem to know their audience. At the end when they say "time for Tubbie bye-bye" all I can think is ... well, let's just say less than pure thoughts.



Porter watching Teletubbies, but from a discrete distance behind the sofa.

Comments:
Wow! Am I glad *that* gene bypassed me! Kit loves the Teletubbies, too. No, it's true, just ask her.

But how odd to think that Jerry Falwell and Jay might find common ground... even if it's only Tinky Winky's grave.
 
No, there's no common ground with Jerry Falwell. His complaint is that Tinky Winky carries a purse and is, therefore, gay. I carry a purse and will let my progeny speak to the rest. Falwell wants Tinky Winky fired and a new manly Telebubbie to replace him. Perhaps one with a hunting rifle. I want then all dead, regardless of sexual preference.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Get Firefox!